Can I secure Playbar below TV w/ Zip ties and or Super strong mounting tape (30lbs)

• 25 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Interested in purchasing the Playbar for my television (Samsung - UN55F7050AF), which is currently wall mounted on a swivel arm, Full-Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket - TVs 32in to 55in (https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082821&p_id=10467&seq=1&format=2). Considering the TV is already wall mounted and rather large (55"), I do not feel like taking it down, removing the mounts to add the spacers for the Sanus Playbar TV Mount. I cannot mount the Playbar on the wall beneath the TV as the TV is mounted in a corner space (hence, why it is on a swivel arm).

This may be stupid, but before proceeding I am thinking one of the following methods may work:

1/ Use 3M Extreme Mounting Tape (supports 30lbs) across the length of the Playbar and attach to bottom of TV. I think this may work for the short-term, but the Playbar may fall.

2/ Combine option #1 by using zip-ties or a velcro strap (not sure how this will work as I don' have the Playbar for inspection).

Can I get away with either option #1 and or #2? Any other alternatives? I really do not want to take off the TV from the wall mount and remove all the screws to reattach the Playbar.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

They make generic kits for mounting a soundbar below a swing arm. Essentially, they are flat bars that go between the tv and the mount and hang down below to mount the bar. Better to use one of those than hack it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Why not get the sanus mount for the bar, then just use good quality zip ties with the metal teeth to hold the sanus mount to your monoprice. That way you avoid the nasty sticky residue from the tape on the sonos,
Snap AV makes the best Sonos sound bar bracket on the market by a wide margin. I have installed many of them. They don't sell to end-user so you will have to find a dealer to sell you one.
Userlevel 7
Do you really want to trust a $700 speaker to tape, zip ties, velcro straps or any combination of the aforementioned? 😛 Not to mention the aesthetics 😞
Cherry335 what product do you recommend?