Question

Can I pug my TV ethernet into the second ethernet jack on my playbar?

• 15 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I only have 1 cat6 home run cable running to my TV area from my internet router. Currently I have it plugged into my TV to give me a hard-wired connection. I would also like to hard-wire my Sonos Playbar at the same location. I noticed my playbar has 2 ethernet ports. Do these two ports on the playbar work like a network switch? In other words, can I plug the cat6 home run cable into one ethernet port on the playbar and my TV that sits above my playbar into the other ethernet port on the playbar and effectively get 2 hardwired connections back to my internet router?

See wiring diagram below.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yes that should work. Provided Sonos is in Boost mode (which it will be with the Playbar wired) the other Ethernet port will be active.

The ports are only 10/100 not gigabit, but should be OK. An unmanaged gigabit switch would not break the bank as an alternative.