Can I listen to music with the tv picture turned off?

• 7 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
This may sound silly. Just installed a Sony 900e with Playbar and Sub. Can I listen to music with the TV monitor off? Not sure how to do that. Or can I listen to music sourced from Sonos with a screen saver on? FYI I also use an Apple TV and I know that I can use that to do what I want, but I want to know if I can do this solely with the Sonos. Thanks all.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Sonos has no idea whether the TV is on or off (unless the TV is providing the audio, of course) and nor does it care. Just treat the Playbar as any other Sonos speaker.
The remote for my 900E has a “PIC OFF” button
But if you don't want the TV picture....and you don't want the TV. audio....er....turn the TV off?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You need to choose the Music source for the TV room . This is set at TV by default so if the TV is off you just choose another source, using Browse button, through the Sonos App. Then you can select local music, radio and other music services. If you turn your TV on whilst playing music you should find the playbar/base will change it's source to be TV again too,
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
just use the phone app to play music