Answered

Can I connect Sonos Ray with XGIMI projector

• 11 March 2024
  • 6 replies

I have an XGIMI horizon pro 4K projector and newly bought a Sonos Ray. How can I connect my connector with the Sonos Ray sound bar wirelessly? 

I just did some research, and it sounds like Sonos Ray doesn’t support bluetooth. Is there any alternative way?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 March 2024, 06:02

View original

6 replies

Not wirelessly. All Sonos soundbars are designed to be hardwired. The Sonos Ray would be via an optical connection.

You can’t connect the Sonos Ray to your projector using Bluetooth because it doesn’t have that feature. Instead, look for a wireless HDMI or Wi-fI media adapter that works with Sonos to connect them. Make sure to check if it’s compatible with your soundbar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The time to do research should be before your purchase something, ideally.

Your projector has optical out, that will work just fine with your Ray.

You can’t connect the Sonos Ray to your projector using Bluetooth because it doesn’t have that feature. Instead, look for a wireless HDMI or Wi-fI media adapter that works with Sonos to connect them. Make sure to check if it’s compatible with your soundbar.

Except Sonos Ray is optical only.  It doesn't have an HDMI connection.

You can’t connect the Sonos Ray to your projector using Bluetooth because it doesn’t have that feature. Instead, look for a wireless HDMI or Wi-fI media adapter that works with Sonos to connect them. Make sure to check if it’s compatible with your soundbar. Publix Passport

Except Sonos Ray is optical only.  It doesn't have an HDMI connection.

Oh, I see. Sorry, I don’t have any idea about this. Do you have any idea about that?

I don’t understand the question. An idea about what, exactly?