Answered

Can I connect my Sonos Arc via Wireless and Sub via Bluetooth?

• 24 February 2021
  • 5 replies

New to this forum. Greatly appreciate your guidance. I recently purchased a Sonos Arc and two Ikea/Sonos bookshelf speakers for surround on my Samsung Smart TV 6-series.   I already have an older Sony Subwoofer which connects via Bluetooth.  Is there any way to add it to my system? Or is there a way to directly connect using optical audio or another option?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 24 February 2021, 09:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No. Sonos does not do bluetooth (except for the Move and for set up purposes). You cannot connect a non-Sonos sub to your system. The only Sonos device that can connect to a non-Sonos sub is the Amp, but only when used for front speakers in a surround set up or for stereo.

Can the sub be connected independently to the Samsung TV’s bluetooth.  Sub audio via bluetooth from the TV. Sonos audio via wireless from the TV?

Whether your TV can send audio through HDMI-ARC and BT at the same time is up to your TV.  Other have not been able to do so when trying to use BT headphones.    

And to reiterate again, Sonos isn’t connecting to your TV wirelessly, it gets the audio data via an HDMI cable.

Oh, right. Thanks for reminding me of that.  I guess it’s the rear speakers that are connecting wirelessly.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

But they are connected to your Arc, not to the TV.