Question

BT Home Hub 4 - Sonos surround not working while Stereo does

• 4 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi Sonos team,

I fail to set up up a surround system. I recently bought a Sonos SL and Sonos One to be matched with my Sonos Beam. I am able to play stereo through all of them simultaniously but when I want to set up surround it mentions something like “There was a problem adding the surround speaker. Please make sure the surround speaker is connected to power and wifi”.

The Beam is directly connected to the routher while other devices are on Wifi. Would anyone have a solution to this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DaanWillems.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

First, I need to see your network and how Sonos products are connected.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi, the confirmation number is 555058876

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DaanWillems.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report.

Can you please turn on the wifi option in your Sonos beam, you should be able to add your surround.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thank you Mark - it works brilliantly

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DaanWillems.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Glad it works.

Chears.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.