Answered

Best settngs??

• 18 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I’m an audio noob so I’m totally lost and confused. I just got a Sonos Arc. I have a TV with eARC. What’s the best settings? When on PS4 using Bitstream (Dolby), I get audio sync issues. My TV audio is set to “auto” not PCM or passthrough. Is this something that multichannel LPCM will fix eventually?

icon

Best answer by jayh89 20 August 2020, 11:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jayh89 .

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand the situation and the behavior of your Sonos system.

• Where is the Sonos Arc connected via HDMI cable?
  • Where is the Playstation connected?
  • What is the make and model of your TV?
  • What other devices are connected to your TV?
  • What is the audio format setting of your TV? What happens if we set the audio format of TV to either PCM or Dolby Digital or Atmos?
  • Can we submit a diagnostic while the TV is set to Auto, PCM, Dolby Digital, and Atmos? (one diagnostic per setting) and please take note of the confirmation number so we can make comparisons.

The more information you provide, the more we can help.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge +3

Hi @jayh89 .

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand the situation and the behavior of your Sonos system.

• Where is the Sonos Arc connected via HDMI cable?
  • Where is the Playstation connected?
  • What is the make and model of your TV?
  • What other devices are connected to your TV?
  • What is the audio format setting of your TV? What happens if we set the audio format of TV to either PCM or Dolby Digital or Atmos?
  • Can we submit a diagnostic while the TV is set to Auto, PCM, Dolby Digital, and Atmos? (one diagnostic per setting) and please take note of the confirmation number so we can make comparisons.

The more information you provide, the more we can help.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

• Where is the Sonos Arc connected via HDMI cable? - HDMI directly to my eARC port.
  • Where is the Playstation connected? - In to my TV HDMI port
  • What is the make and model of your TV? - Samsung QLED Q85T
  • What other devices are connected to your TV? - Virgin cable box and Chromecast
  • What is the audio format setting of your TV? What happens if we set the audio format of TV to either PCM or Dolby Digital or Atmos? - My TV has the options “auto” “PCM” and “passthrough” I normally use “passthrough” as “auto” messes things up. The PS4 is set to Bitstream (Dolby).
  • Can we submit a diagnostic while the TV is set to Auto, PCM, Dolby Digital, and Atmos? (one diagnostic per setting) and please take note of the confirmation number so we can make comparisons. - I did this with another Sonos person and I think we got it working using “passthrough” on the TV. Here is a diagnostic using “passthrough” on TV and watching an Atmos program 224252588

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jayh89.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response and for submitting a diagnostic.

It seems everything is all good based on the submitted diagnostic. The Sonos Arc is reading Dolby Atmos Codec based on the audio source via HDMI eARC. I hope you continue to enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,