Question

Best Play 1 Wall Mount

• 6 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Looking for a wall mount for my Play:1s. Was going to go with the alphason bc of their ability to conceal the cord with out it sticking out. Unfortunately they do not ship to the US. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with wall mounts that have an option to conceal the power cord in the wall.
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Since US building code doesn't allow standard power cords to be inside walls, it's unlikely you'll find a manufacturer to provide such a thing. You may want to look at various options for TV wall mounts, which are designed for having in wall electrical power, or talk to your local electrician.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
You may find many suitable brackets distributed by Flexson... there are others - Google is your friend here...

(Not sure if the Spam filter will allow the post of the URL: https://www.flexson.com/ )
Also, a thought for you - because the cable for Sonos devices complies to a standard connection type, there are a number of replacement cords that are short (12" - 13" ish) that you can get - Flexson also make/distribute these ... You could have power receptacles placed adjacent to where you want to put the speakers and mount the 1s on the wall with a short cable... will look nice and clean and professional... and be legal.
Just looking for something that has an opening or something to fit the power cable through. I'm aware of the building codes. Was going to install an outlet behind it
I have flexson desk stands for my other play 1s
I just mounted a pair of Flexson Wall mounts in my kitchen. The electrician will be here this weekend to install plugs at ceiling height so that I can shorten the power leads to appropriate length. That being said, they don't really do any cable hiding that you've indicated that you're interested in. Other than that, though, I'm pretty pleased with them. Mounted the speakers upside down in them, per the instructions, so that the cable is now on the "top", and they're angled down using the built in hinge. I'm expecting to have the power outlet installed within 3 or 4 inches of each, so that you really won't "see" the cable, but I'm also not going to be going out of the way to hide it. Just don't need it dangling down the corners of the wall, although the walls are white, and the current cables kind of fade into the background anyway.
I was also looking at the Flexson mounts for my Ones for surround sound. Do you think that the down angle is enough for superior surround sound. I am going to be mounting on the wall that my sectional couch bumps into. Maybe have them about 7 feet high or so on a 9 foot high ceiling. thanks so much.
I've found them to be fine. But my kitchen table is a couple of feet off the wall. I probably would want them pointed at my head, and wouldn't want to mount them directly above a couch, unless they were pretty close to ear height and properly pointed towards my head. Treble tends to be more directional that subwoofer frequencies.