Beam will not play audio from TV after you shut the TV off

• 28 August 2018
  • 4 replies

When I shut the TV off and then come back later, there is no audio from the Beam. If I then switch the TV off and back on, it will start playing. This is a brand new Beam connected with an HDMI cable

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I'm confused. I'm not sure why the Beam would be playing audio from a TV that's off. The TV not having power means that there wouldn't be anything sent to the Beam in any case, it's turning it back on that energizes the HDMI connection.
Yes, sorry, a confusing post. If you have turned the TV off, how can you come back and turn it off again?
Hmmm. Again, you have me confused. If you've turned the TV off, then the Beam should stop playing (if it's playing the TV sound, not if you're streaming music to it not from the TV). You can't turn the TV off a second time without turning the TV back on.

I'm assuming that you have the "autoplay" turned on for the Beam, where when the TV starts sending a signal, it automatically switches to the TV's input and starts playing.
gthome,

This is my guess ....

Could you have your microphone turned off on top of the speaker, perhaps? Is that why you can’t get the audio to play when the TV is switched off? You can tell if the mic is off as the tiny 'dot' light (in addition to the bigger LED light) will not be showing... tap the mic button to turn it back on.

If not, you might have to provide a few more slightly less-confusing details.