Beam vs Playbar for my space

• 7 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am trying to determine on a Beam vs Playbar for my space. Not sure on if my room is small, medium or large.
I have attached a pic of my space. As you can see it is open concept with the kitchen and dining area (where I am standing for the pic). The TV is now a new 65" TCL. I will also probably do a pair of Play:1 behind the couch for surround.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Despite the age of the design, I'm still a fan of the PLAYBAR. You just need to be sure that it won't block your TV viewing. I've actually got a couple of IKEA shelving units sitting on my cabinet to raise the TV so it isn't blocked.
Thanks for the reply. I also did some more research and found out that my TCL TV is RF remote, so the BEAM is the only one with HDMI ARC support - single remote is very high on the list for my family! 🙂
Take a look to see if that TCL remote can be set to do IR. I know the Samsung bluetooth remotes can, but I don't know about TCL's remotes. But I'd think they have to be, if they expect to be compatible with things like a Logitech Harmony remote, which I use for the whole "one remote to rule them all" situation.
I did call TCL and the lady said that the power button is IR but everything else is RF. Interesting...