Answered

Beam volume display keep appearing on TV

• 12 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello, I have just purchased a Beam. It sounds great however having connected it to the ARC port on my TCL TV avery 30 seconds or so the volumn display on the tv appears for a few seconds and then disappears. This is super annoying as you can imagine.

Ive looked into all the settings and cant see how to turn it off. My TV has Android 7.0 software on it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 December 2018, 23:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

barneymac,

Does the volume display problem go away if you unplug all other HDMI connected devices to the TV, apart from the Beam?
Yes, it seems to be coming from the cable box I have. If thats on then i get the volume pop-up issue. Ive searched all the menus but nothing that will disable it.:?
It’s likely the CEC commands on that cable box are trying to take control away from the Beam and therefore the volume control keeps appearing when the Beam reconnects.

See if you can find a way of disabling the CEC controls in the cable box settings, otherwise you can buy a CEC-Less HDMI adapter (or cable) to block the cable box taking control. You'll find such an adapter or HDMI cable on Amazon.
Here is an example of the HDMI CEC-Less adapter...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female-Black/dp/B00DL48KVI/ref=sr_1_1
Thanks Ken, I will see if I can switch it off.