Beam volume control with samsung smart remote

• 4 August 2018
  • 5 replies

I just bought a beam and connected to Samsung 4K tv with smart remote. Connected hdmi arc. Sounds works. Paired volume and it works only when close to the tv. It does not work more than a couple feet away. The smart remote works with the tv no problem. I had a play base connected to this tv and all worked fine. I have tried all different configurations and reset remote several times. I have lifted the tv up, moved beam and nothing makes it better. Hopefully this is an obvious fix. - I have almost every sonos product and this is the first one that has a problem that I can’t seem to find a solution. Hopefully someone has an idea.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge
I have the Beam and the Q7 and i am having trouble getting any sound out of the Beam. Do you mind sharing the setting you use don the TV to get it to work? For me it seems as if they are pared properly but just no sound coming out of the Beam at all. When i press the volume up button on the remote it brings up the HDMI symbol and the + flickers as if it is raising the volume but still no volume.

Thanks for the help!
Badge
Try removing the Skill Sonos and then reactivating the Sonos Skill. I lost sound to the Beam and this fixed the problem. I did this on an iPad/iPhone.

Badge
Thanks for the suggestion. this didn't help the problem for me at least.
Badge
Did you remove the Sonos app and the Alexa app and then reinstall them?
Badge
I removed the sonos skill from the Alexa app and reinstalled it.