Answered

Beam volume bar on LG OLED B8

• 23 May 2019
  • 4 replies

I have a Beam connected via ARC to my new LG OLED B8. TV is set to output sound via ARC. Everything is working, Alexa can control the TV etc. and sound is playing in sync through the Beam.
However when I change the volume using the LG remote or my Apple TV remote, the volume will change but no volume indicator appears on the TV (when using LG remote small +\- sign will display on the TV but no level, when using Apple TV remote nothing will display).
On my old Samsung (same Beam connected via ARC) a volume bar labeled “Beam” would appear showing volume range from 0-100. I did not set this up, it just came up automatically.
Is there a way for me to get this same volume bar to appear on the new LG B8?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 23 May 2019, 16:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@Plortedo -

The volume indicator is handled by the TV itself. As such, it might be a good idea to take a closer look at the owners manual or the LG Community for some pointers to see if you can get that to come up. Some TV's automatically turn this off after changing the audio output.

Let us know if you find out any new or helpful info!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have the LG B7 and this also happens on this TV.

If you do find a way to get it working please lets us know. as i like to see what volume the TV is at

i just use google now - Hey google volume 8%, 10%, 13% and so on.

Alexa i could not get the % working and only volume up and down seem to work but it seems to jump up (or down) in volume and at night times where i have a young kid can be a bit frustrating (to be fare i am new to the beam/sonos)

Like @Keith N said i think the TV turns it off when using a different audio output. as it is the sonos beam you are turning up and not the TV volume. when you change the audio back to the TV (with the sonons still conencted) you the the 0-100 bar back (note no sound on the beam of course)
I posted this to the LG community as well here. Will report back if I find a solution there.
https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/4411/beam-volume-bar-on-lg-oled-b8/p1?new=1
Following