Beam+TV+Projector+Blu Ray+Firestick 4K.....help

• 17 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Ok, so i’m out of my depth here, which is mainly why I bought a sonos product :grin: . I have read a lot of the post on the forums here now and I cant seem to find what I am looking for. So my setup at the minute is TV with ARC into sonos beam and all my inputs into the TV, works great I get 5.1 surround with my symfonisk ikea rears.

It only gets tricky for movie night, I have a projector (VANKYO) with HDMI in and I would like to get the 5.1 to the beam. As its only once a week with the kids currently I unplug my firestick and plug it directly into the projector and get sound through an Amazon Echo studio. 

Its frustrating I have an awesome surround sound system sat there when watching as I cant quite work out how to get it all to work/what switch/matrix to get. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What specific model is your VANKYO projector?

Hi, it's a leisure 470c, pretty cheap and fairly noisy but fun for the kids. I'm thinking of upgrading in the future though

Userlevel 7

Check out this discussion:

Ah, hadn't seen that one thanks, I'm getting the idea of splitting off the audio from the hdmi, which I'm guessing will work just fine but if I do that, I'm going to obviously unplug the arc cable from my TV to the beam to do this through the adapter, I guess I have two question from that, 1 - will I need to reset up my beam each time I do that and 2 - is there a more permanent arrangement using a switch/matrix? 

Cheers for the help 🙂

Its tricky as the beam leaves you in an either/or situation with hdmi arc or hdmi optical in. Shame it didn't have a direct optical in AND hdmi. I think that would have helped a lot of people. It seems if you use a matrix you have to go with optical and lose arc capability.