Answered

Beam TV Background Imagery - Gone

• 1 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Did Sonos discontinue the background imags/screensaver on TVs? I used to have it on my beam but when I select that HDMI it doesn’t show anything amymore. Can you re-enable this setting somehow?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 March 2021, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tpkeenan34 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Did Sonos discontinue the background imags/screensaver on TVs? I used to have it on my beam but when I select that HDMI it doesn’t show anything amymore. Can you re-enable this setting somehow?

We did not. I recommend you switch your Beam and TV off at the power (or unplug) for 30 seconds, then switch back on. That should clear up any issue. If it doesn’t, please double check your HDMI connections.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you using the hack/patch for Samsung compatibility? I believe that disables this feature.

When/if Samsung fix their HDMI implementation I assume the current hack/patch will be retired, and this feature will likely return for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you using the hack/patch for Samsung compatibility? I believe that disables this feature.

When/if Samsung fix their HDMI implementation I assume the current hack/patch will be retired, and this feature will likely return for you.

Good thinking, @controlav, - I thought the same at first, but that patch is only applied to Arcs, not to Beams.