Answered

Beam turns on TV to HDMI-1 (ARC)

• 9 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
When Alexa is asked to "Turn on TV" the beam turns my Toshiba TV on to the Sonos Beam screen saver HDMI-1 (ARC) and not onto the actual TV channels. I then have to use the TV remote to switch it to TV...Making using Alexa a pointless issue.. 2nd problem is if any other device is plugged into the remainder HDMI ports (Like android box) and tv speakers are off to use the beam as soon as the android box is turned off the beam disconnects and TV speakers come back on and can not be changed again unless the android box is unplugged from the HDMI port..
The only way I could get this to work with some normality was to use the optical adapter, so I could have the tv speakers off and the beam worked on both TV and android box. The only trouble is now there is no volume control via the remote due to TV speakers being off and no ARC to control the beam..So its "Alexa turn the volume down" or "Alexa turn the volume up" Oh sure I can do this via the app but I would have been better off just buying a surround sound system with a remote.....:@
icon

Best answer by EvilClown. 9 September 2018, 07:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
I feel like a dope...I just realized my remote was not set up for the beam...I have my volume control back..lol.:D