Beam Surround loses TV signal

• 10 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I set up my new Beam with older Hisense TV connecting with the optical adapter. no problem setting up but after a few minutes sound starts to cut out (prob 1). Next when I add 2 play 1 speakers for surround I lose connection to TV (prob 2) and when I try to reconnect it I get "no signal detected" (prob 3). I've reset and reinstalled multiple times with same results. I've replaced every cable and same results. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @hbconnect.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

For us to see what's going on in your Sonos products.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks Mark. I appreciate the reply. I submitted diagnostic report this morning. On a call with Sonos support this morning I learned that the Beam most likely work with my TV.
Added detail to above connection chain: Beam to HDMI>HDMI to optical converter>optical converter>OPTICAL TO COAXIAL BI-DIRECTIONAL AUDIO CONVERTER>coaxial cable to digital (coaxial) output on TV. 

NOTE. TV only has a coaxial digital output (no Arc, no optical)

Converter:

by Tendak
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCTGZFT/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_t1M0FbSE993FM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @hbconnect.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community and providing some information on fixing your issue.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.