Beam suddenly doesn't turn to on or off

• 29 November 2018
  • 3 replies

When I first installed the beam I was able to turn on and off my TV through the Alexa and Arc HDMI port. Now however I get the error message "sorry the hub that device tv is connected to is no longer responding, please check that connection and power supply.

The beam and tv are connected to the internet, other smart plugs and devices to n my house work in command. I haven't changed anything on my network and I've power cycled everything. Nothing has worked yet.

Samsung Smart TV, Beam, and two Sonos One's

Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Same issue. I just installed an Amazon Fire stick and had this issue. Do you have an Amazon Fire device of any kind? Did the issue go away or get resolved? Would love some help.
We had exactly the same issue. We had to start specifying the tv to get it to work. “Alexa, turn on the family room tv” rather than just saying “turn on the tv”. Now everything works great.
Hello

I’ve had my beam for 6 months and now I installed a fire tv stick the name of the tv has become “tv in living room 2 “ instead of just tv

i can see it listed on the Alexa app as that but I can’t see a way of renaming it to something less cumbersome to say just TV

i have logged in to in to the website version of Alexa too but can’t see a way through

Can anyone help