Question

BEAM source after turning off TV

• 31 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Lets say i listen to a radio station thru the BEAM and controlled with my iphone. Then i turn on my tv connected with HDMI - ARC with the Beam. I assume the beam will switch to the tv source. Then i turn my TV off. If i press play on the beam later in the day, will the tv come on or will i continue with the radio station that was tuned before i watched tv?

Basically does the beam remember what it was doing before and after the tv was on?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Still looking for an answer please
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
It will play whatever it detects a signal from.

So if you turn on your TV the Beam detects that Audio is coming from HDMI or Optical and the TV sound will come through Beam.

If you tell Beam to play radio or some music via Alexa or an App.... it will switch over to playing the music and leave the TV picture playing.

If you turned everything thing off, then asked it to play music.... it would.... if you turned on the TV it would play the TV
It will play whatever it detects a signal from.

So if you turn on your TV the Beam detects that Audio is coming from HDMI or Optical and the TV sound will come through Beam.

If you tell Beam to play radio or some music via Alexa or an App.... it will switch over to playing the music and leave the TV picture playing.

If you turned everything thing off, then asked it to play music.... it would.... if you turned on the TV it would play the TV

Thanks for reply but here is my situation.

On my phone thru sonos app i use TUNE-IN to listen to radio station.
I enjoy for awhile...
I turn tv on and beam swtiches to ARC HDMI feed from TV and i listen and watch for awhile...
I turn tv off.

My daughter who is not allowed to use my phone goes over to beam and presses play hoping to listen to TUNE-IN radio station. Nothing becuase TV was last source. Is there a way to have the beam play the last NON-TV source once the TV is turned off?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Use Alexa ?

“Alexa, play .... (name of radio station)”

Would that work for you?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Or if you want a preset button, you could use a device that works with IFTTT....

IF - Button Press
Then
play - Radio Stream on Beam

You can easily do it with a widget button on the IFTTT app, so you could use a physical IFTTT compatible button