Beam sound quality problem

• 10 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Beam is breaking up / is crunchy / there is static nois

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Beam is breaking up / is crunchy / there is static nois

Hi

Is this when outputting TV or streaming music?
When outputting TV. And ONLY when playing old movies? For example, Casablanca... There is distortion. Deadpool... No distortion. I've tried it with a dozen different films. Always the same. Contemporary movies sound great, older films it sounds like there is a blown speak, even when the volume is turn way way down.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I think you'd best call Sonos support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I think you'd best call Sonos support.
This may be the best bet. You can give us a call on our support line using those contact details.

I'm curious about some more details here though. What is the source of your movies here? Are you watching off of a streaming service or are you playing from another device through the TV?

Can you go into more details on how your Beam is connected up and what devices you're using to get audio from start to finish? The more detail the better in this sort of situation.
Hi, did you get any answer to this at all?

I have a beam and from time to time, I get stuttering audio. The sound often corrects itself but it’s not something I’ve had before.

The input source is a Sky Q box with local content (not streamed) and it’s using a HdMI cable plugged into a brand new Samsung TV.

Cheers