Answered

Beam Quieter after Update

• 18 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 15 replies
After the last one or two updates on the Beam, the audio sounds considerably lower. I used to be able to put the volume on 18 or 30 for different content but for the same content it's now 30 instead of 18 and 50 instead of 30. It's much harder to hear voices particularly and I have to raise and lower the sound a lot. It sounded perfect when I first got it and before the last one or two updates. I'm pretty sure it was after the very last update though.

Anybody experience the same thing? Was anything changed in the programming that should even affect such performance?

Sony x900e TV using built in Netflix and Amazon apps, Panasonic UB820 Bluray player and Verizon FIOS set top box. Experiencing with all devices.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 18 October 2018, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi smb, I'd love to take a look. In 9.2 there was a Volume Limit feature added, which if enabled would make you have to set the volume bar higher than previous to get the same volume as before. If the limit was set to 70%, for example, in order to get to 35% you'd now need to have the bar set to 50, as opposed to 35.

Do you think you can get the Beam playing audio that seems to be quieter than usual and then submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?
Userlevel 1
Badge
x_X That was it! Can't believe I couldn't figure that out.

I was expecting that feature to limit the bar from getting past X% of its total power so 60% would limit the sound level from going past or louder than 60 out of 100 on the tv or Sonos app volume slider But not affect the loudness at lesser levels. I was hoping it would work like that, at least, as it sounds great regularly but sometimes Alexa mishears you and turns the volume up to 100%.

Thanks for the quick response. It's been so frustrating listening to stuff the past few days. 🙂