Answered

Beam power cable, HDMI-ARC cable lengths and construction

• 7 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi 

I have managed to find the lengths of the power cable (2m) and HDMI cable (1.5m) off the forum, thanks, why is the HDMI not the same length as the power cable, they travel the same distance TV to BEAM???? 

However is the UK plug moulded ? I like many will try and feed this up (string trick) a conduit in the wall, it would be handy to have a removal plug system on the end so can be fed either way, i.e down 

Finally sold the PLAYBAR so moving to a BEAM.

Another question, anyone have the BEAM slung under a wall mounted TV, any recommendations. Whats the sound like give it is not on a solid base - rattly sound ? 

thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 February 2021, 12:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

HI @User228754 

Power sockets aren’t typically at the TV, so purposely making the cables the same length is not something we’ve considered. You can of course use other cables, but please make sure the HDMI cable is 1.4 or better for ARC to work. The power cable has a standard fitting.

The power plug is moulded to the cable as per modern electrical safety standards, We recommend that you don’t remove the plug, due to safety considerations, but there’s nothing to stop a competent person from removing the plug and replacing it with another after feeding through the cable (if you can still buy such plugs - I assume so).

I’ll leave opinions of the sound from a wall-mounted Beam to people who have this setup.