Answered

Beam no volume indicator Samsung NU8000

• 30 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello I just purchased the Beam along with a 65” Samsung NU8000. It is plugged in via hdmi ARC. The remote will control volume playing through the beam but does not indicate a numeric number to ththe volume , I also tried to link the Samsung remote control with the sonos app and that it was unsuccessful , but it does adjust volume regardless of it not being linked, is there any solution to getting volume indicator? Or does sonos need to make an update for this tv?
icon

Best answer by MikeV 30 August 2018, 14:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's up to the TV manufacturer to decide what they want to display on the screen when working with third-party devices... Sonos has no control over what the TV shows.

My Samsung TV from 2016 just shows a + or - with a receiver icon when I adjust the volume, but no numeric indication of the volume level. Some manufacturers don't even show that, while some will show a volume bar indicating how loud the volume is.