Beam - Mute and Stay Muted. Ideas? Request for Enhancement?

• 18 September 2018
  • 1 reply

I have an old TV in my family room which will not connect directly to my Sonos Beam, so I have optically connected the Beam to my Sky HD box. I have a second TV in my kitchen that uses a magic eye connection so I can control and watch Sky programmes remotely via the coax out connection from my Sky box to my kitchen TV. When I switch on the Sky box from the kitchen, the Beam comes to life in the living room and plays the Sky content, even if I have previously muted it. How can I mute the Beam so that it stays muted until I explicitly unmute it? When I submitted this as a question to the Sonos team, they suggested disabling autoplay, but as I understand it this would require that I always have a smart phone to start the Beam playing in the family room, which is overkill. I'd love to see a feature whereby the box stays in the state you last left it (maybe with an upper volume limit so you don't risk breaking your ears when you unmute)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Oxford Traveller. As you are now aware, aside from the proposed solution from our care team, there is no way to do this at present. I would be happy to pass on the suggestion for you. Let us know if you need anything else.