Answered

Beam makes sounds in the middle of the night

• 21 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Devices are off, TV is off, but Beam decides to play random sounds for about 10 seconds at around midnight, every night. Spooky and annoying. Couldn't find solutions from older threads.

Where does the command come from? I don't recognize the source by hearing, but I took diagnostics immediately after, conf. number 298326721

icon

Best answer by buzz 22 January 2021, 01:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @lauripen.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

You made the right thing to get a diagnostic report right away.

But the odd thing is the diagnostic report show nothing irregulary everything is perfectly good.

For now I’d be tempted to do a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices wait for 1-2 minutes and just wait if it will happen again.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’ve encountered various devices connected with HDMI cables turn ON in the middle of the night. HDMI cables provide a mechanism for Cable Boxes, TV’s, Receivers, DVD Players, etc. to communicate with each other. This capability has various names, CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) is the official name, but some manufacturers give this capability a proprietary name. The goal is to provide one touch operation. If the user drops a disc into a player and presses Play, the system will figure this out, turn ON the proper boxes and select the correct input. This is convenient until one of the boxes, particularly a Cable Box, updates its firmware in the middle of the night, then turns ON. The other elements in the chain then turn ON too and a TV program comes blasting through.

Make sure that no alarms are set.

Are you sure that BEAM is emitting the sounds. Could this be some sort of notification from the TV?