Question

Beam keeps disconnecting from Samsung TV

• 30 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Beam has worked fien until 2 weeks ago and now every time I turn on TV it reverts to TV speakers and will not recent to TV unless I unplug beam and set u again.  IT is connected with HDMI cable through Arc and that is fine.  Please help as this is frustrating.  The only thing that has changed is that there was a recent Sonos update

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Hint12Oak.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

You may check first if the Autoplay setting is on so that the Sonos Home Theater product connected to the TV (via Optical or HDMI) will start playing TV audio when the TV is turned on and the Sonos product detects an audio signal. 

Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.

Then, you can also follow the steps in this article that provides common fixes for TV audio interruptions while using Sonos home theater speakers.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs and provide us with the confirmation number, so I can see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.