Beam jittery sound

• 11 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , twice now I've had jittery audio sound from my beam 2 lasts about 5 seconds , only when playing TV programs that have been downloaded on my sky HD box , rewind a bit and there's no jittering ! Watched TV all day yesterday with beam on and not an issue , connected via HDMI , I can't even pinpoint when it will do it , just randomly but weird how the 2 times it's been when watching a recorded show on sky box ? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Edgie70, that doesn’t sound good. If it happens again, please Submit Diagnostics right after via the Sonos app, write down the number you’ll see on the screen and then I would suggest reaching out to Sonos Support and provide that number.

Since it only lasts for about 5 seconds, I know it’s really hard but if you manage to get a video recording capturing that sound, it would help a lot.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @Edgie70, that doesn’t sound good. If it happens again, please Submit Diagnostics right after via the Sonos app, write down the number you’ll see on the screen and then I would suggest reaching out to Sonos Support and provide that number.

Since it only lasts for about 5 seconds, I know it’s really hard but if you manage to get a video recording capturing that sound, it would help a lot.

Thanks , there's no chance of doing a video it just happens at random , but I'll listen our for it and get the diagnostic number after its done it 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @Edgie70, that doesn’t sound good. If it happens again, please Submit Diagnostics right after via the Sonos app, write down the number you’ll see on the screen and then I would suggest reaching out to Sonos Support and provide that number.

If it does the jitter bit then I get the diagnostic number just after its done it can that still be used ? 

The generally accepted wisdom is that for most events, it needs to be within 10 minutes to be “caught” in the log files, but you might think it really depends on the type of event, and perhaps how many different logs there are. But within 10 minutes should be fine. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks Bruce 😊

Since none of us outsiders actually know what the diagnostics look like, it’s just a guess . And I’m fairly confident that there’s not infinite length to those log files.

But the forum moderators have always used that “10 minute” rule, so it’s probably better than the “five second” rule I use when food hits the floor :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Since none of us outsiders actually know what the diagnostics look like, it’s just a guess . And I’m fairly confident that there’s not infinite length to those log files.

But the forum moderators have always used that “10 minute” rule, so it’s probably better than the “five second” rule I use when food hits the floor :)

🤣 It's five seconds for food ??? Oh 😳 

I can definitely get a diagnostic about 30 seconds after its done it . Tempted to try optical rather than hdmi to see what happens 

LOL. It is in my house, but I’m semi-clumsy. 

The key thing to remember about optical is that it’s a one way transmission system. So, no CEC ARC transmission of data (volume, type of codec required, etc.) There’s some effort in setting up both the source device and the TV to make sure that the TV is passing the “correct” type of codec that the optical bandwidth can pass it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

LOL. It is in my house, but I’m semi-clumsy. 

The key thing to remember about optical is that it’s a one way transmission system. So, no CEC ARC transmission of data (volume, type of codec required, etc.) There’s some effort in setting up both the source device and the TV to make sure that the TV is passing the “correct” type of codec that the optical bandwidth can pass it. 

Thanks , I like hdmi for the CEC function , if this carries on every 3 or 4 days then I'll try optical , I presume as long as the Sonos app shows 5.1 DD then I presume that will be correct . 

I'll use optical out from the Samsung TV to the beam .