Question

Beam issue

• 25 October 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi all, first post but long time lurker 

my Beam is having an issue where it’s muted when I turn the TV on and then the remote will not ‘wake’ it so to speak. Almost like it’s not sensing the optical input. 
toggling the tv on and off sometimes sorts it but then it won’t at the moment. 
running through the tv setup in settings gets me back working, but now the app keeps crashing! 

TV is a fairly new OLED C8 65” plugged in via the optical adapter 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Just to add insult to injury, I’ve just disconnected the optical and re done the ARC set up, get ticks the whole way through the set up...no sound. 
Any ideas before it goes out the window 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @3en, welcome to the Sonos Community! I appreciate you reaching out here and I’d be happy to help. First, try to disconnect the Sonos Beam and TV from the power. Also, if you have other devices connected to your TV, disconnect it and just leave the Sonos Beam. Make sure the optical is properly connected. After 5-10 seconds, connect the Beam and TV again to power. Observe and see if it will work. If not, have you made it to work before? Were there any changes prior to that issue? Submit a diagnostic report after doing these steps while the TV is on and something is playing. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.