Beam HDMI 2.1

• 18 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Simple question which I can’t immediately see an answer to: does the Beam support HDMI 2.1?
Thinking of potential advantages of eARC to rectify the temperamental nature of HDMI-ARC switching, when I upgrade the telly.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Without giving you a direct answer, and not being able to find anything on the sales specs that say which version, I'd suggest that I would be very surprised if it did. I'd imagine that in order to get the Beam out several months ago, the design and chips in it would have been decided long before the actual release of the specs from the HDMI consortium.

But then again, if it's just a software thing (and I have absolutely no idea), then it could potentially be upgraded...or maybe Sonos was forward thinking enough to include the appropriate chip for interpretation into it. We'll have to see what Sonos responds with here....or even if they do.