Answered

Beam (Gen2) won't recognize ANY remote

• 27 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just installed a Beam (Gen 2) and I can not get my Xfinity XR15 remote to connect to it.  In fact; I can not get ANY remote (total of 9) in my house to work with the Beam.

I’ve tried moving the Beam to different locations and making sure there is no light hitting the IR sensor.  I’ve tried re-pairing to my TV and while I can get sound thru the Beam I can not get my remote to control it.  I’ve tried standing right in front about 3 ft away with every remote in my house and going through the setup process but none of them are working.  Obviously, I’ve made sure the batteries were all good on the remotes too.

I can control the sound with the app on my phone but that is pretty inconvenient. 

I replaced a PlayBar that was working with my TV and remote with the Beam but at this point I’m about to pack up the Beam and send it back unless someone has a suggestion.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 March 2022, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you using optical or HDMI-ARC from your TV - ARC should not need the commands from the remote. The TV wil really the commands via HDMI-CEC.

Badge

My TV does not have an ARC port so I’m using the optical to HDMI adaptor.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shannong57 

Thanks for your post!

If you’re still having this problem, I can only recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports as things are happening. If the Beam is found to have a faulty IR sensor, it will be replaced.