Answered

Beam -Gen2 Temperature

• 15 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Please review diagnostic 900291281. I’d like to know if the Beam Gen2 is operating within expected temperature range. Unit has been playing for approximately 6 hours. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by James L. 18 October 2021, 10:06

View original

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @AjTrek1,

I've reviewed your diagnostic and can confirm that the Beam is running within the expected operating temperature range, though definitely higher than it would be at idle.

I see no signs of any temperature warnings or backoffs, and your Beam seems to be performing normally. 

With the temperatures of the various components being as warm as they are, it’s likely you’ll feel some of that heat externally on the casing of the Beam, but it shouldn’t be too hot to touch. Can you confirm if this is the case?

Userlevel 7

Hi @James L. 

Thanks for reviewing the diagnostic. Really appreciate it. I guess the improved processor runs a bit warmer than on the Beam 1. It isn’t too hot to touch but I wouldn’t want to have to hold it in the area mentioned for a prolonged time. Just mentioned the previous for emphasis. 

The warmest could be due to burn-in ( if that’s still a thing  with processors) and may subside after a time.  Any who…thanks for checking. I feel better about my new toy! 

BTW…I responded to your PM before I read this.

Take Care