Answered

Beam Gen 2 and two play 1’s

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I have just bought a new tv with Dolby atmos so I am going to upgrade my beam gen 1 to a gen 2. 
My current beam cables (hdmi and power) are sunk in the wall Will these be ok with the new beam particularly Will the older hdmi be ok with Dolby atmos sound?

Secondly I have a spare play 1 so was thinking of getting another refurbished play 1 to set up a surround sound system. Again with using the older play 1’s will this be detrimental to the atmos experience? Cheers in advance for an advice

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 November 2023, 16:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You haven’t supplied us with the type of HDMI cable….but it should be fine. If it is carrying an ARC signal to your current Beam, it should carry an ARC signal to any new device. 

Oh, forgot the second part. Pairing a refurbished PLAY:1, if you can find one, should be fine as well for surrounds. They don’t really ‘do’ Atmos, though, since they don’t have upward firing speakers in them, for that, you’d need a pair of Era 300s. But they’ll do 5.1 (or 5.0 if you don’t have a Sub) just fine.

You haven’t supplied us with the type of HDMI cable….but it should be fine. If it is carrying an ARC signal to your current Beam, it should carry an ARC signal to any new device. 

Thanks for responding sorry I should have said it is the hdmi cable which came with the beam I am aiming to replace. Obviously the current beam doesn’t do “atmos” so I was just checking if I used the original cable with the new beam it won’t impact on the full functionality of it

Not at all. ;)