Answered

beam Gen 1 wont play through my samsung Q6DT

• 3 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Just bought a Beam Gen 1.  Connected it though the Arc HDMI port as the tv recognizes it.  The tV speaker doesn't emit sound anymore as it's using the Beam. No sound through the Beam.  The Beam plays music though through the Sonos and Spotify apps.   When I do the true play test it works and chimes.  What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 March 2022, 18:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

As a guess, it sounds as if the Beam isn’t registering properly with the TV set to let it know that it’s a speaker. 

There are a few initial things I’d try before contacting Sonos. First, I’d double check the TV and apply any updates it may have pending. Then I’d reboot both devices, the TV and the Sonos, by unplugging them from power for at least two minutes before plugging  them back in. I’d also try reseating the HDMI cable at both ends, to ensure that all pins are making good contact. And I’d be using the Sonos cable at that, there are older versions of HDMI cables that don’t have the proper capability to carry an ARC signal. I’d also make sure my Sonos software was up to date, and that the latest controller is in use. Finally, I’d double check the audio settings in the TV set to ensure that CEC (and HDMI ARC, which is part of it) is turned on. 

However, if none of that works, I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV including the Beam and unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them both back in but keep the Beam disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ (CEC) is enabled in your TV settings and run TV Setup in the Sonos app. When the app instructs you to, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. When the Beam has been successfully connected, connect any other device to your TV.