Answered

beam gen 1 and Symfonisk lamp gen 2 for surround not working?

• 18 November 2023
  • 8 replies

ik have a beam gen 1 and  2 Symfonisk lamp gen 1 for surround.  now i upgrade tot symfonisk gen 2 and is not working? compatibel problem? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 November 2023, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

What is not working?  Are you able to add the new devices as surrounds? 

No thats not possible i am afraid. . the app says that is it not compatible! 

ik have a beam gen 1 and  2 Symfonisk lamp gen 1 for surround.  now i upgrade tot symfonisk gen 2 and is not working? compatibel problem? 

They’re compatible if you’re running all within an S2 setup and both surrounds/lamps are the same generation.

i have the s2 setup and the speakers are the same generation gen 2. Than i will try it again and get the speakers out the packaging again. i was planning to bring them back.

Thank you so far Ken.  i will let you know later if is working!

The link below says they’re compatible with S2

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

I’ve not ever seen anything that says the Symfonisk lamps are incompatible with the Beam (gen1) you can even use the gen2 floor and table lamps together with either generation of Beam - the only speakers that are incompatible with a Beam (gen1 only) are the Era 300’’s

Perhaps see this helpful Sonos Support link too…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/surround-sound-guidelines-and-limitations

@reneka,
Make sure that both gen2 speaker/lamps are setup standalone in the S2 App and not stereo paired, before attempting to ’bond’ them as surrounds to your Beam.

Also remove your ‘existing’ Symfonisk surrounds from your Beam before trying to create the bond with the newer products.

Hope you can get it sorted.👍

@Ken_Griffiths: Thank you very much! it works now. i did what you said, not stereo paired en remove the old speakers! i have surround and it s sounds very good! 👍

@Ken_Griffiths: Thank you very much! it works now. i did what you said, not stereo paired en remove the old speakers! i have surround and it s sounds very good! 👍

Ah glad it’s working @reneka and thanks for letting us know how things turned out. 👍