Question

beam cuts out while watching tv

• 18 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Last month i bought a brand new set with 1x beam, 2x play 1, 1x sub. Sound streaming works perfectly. When watching tv the cut outs comming all few minutes. the cut outs last 1 to 2 seconds, sometimes longer. Sometimes it isnt working from starting watching tv. after restart the tv it works ,most times, but the cut outs still there.
Sent diagnostic report #1119422258

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Posted elsewhere on cutouts. You don't provide much information on the beam connection so that may help. I had the same problem with cutting out sound every minute or so. LG55C8 OLED with Apple tv 4k to HDMI1 and Sonos Beam to HDMI2 ARC. Tried every setting on Apple TV for audio same issue. Switch to using the built in apps on the TV as this would default to only the HDMI2 ARC connection to the BEAM with the HDMI cable that came in the BEAM box. Still cutting out. Bought 2 high speed 4k HDMI cables on Amazon and replaced both, problem solved. No drops for 2 weeks now.

The forums mention tech support feedback that there was detected lag in the transmission of signal. I also had some ATV feedback of the HDMI signal was too week for a stable connection. The bottom line is don't assume even the HDMi that comes in the BEAM box is sufficient for your needs. I've seen others that have downgraded their cables and had success so take with grain of salt. Cheers