Beam can’t set up TV remote

• 2 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I’ve connected the Beam to a Samsung PS51D550C1R via optical. However I am unable to get the Beam to recognize the TV’s remote control presses correctly. During the start of the setup, most times the Beam immediately thinks that there is a Volume + button press even when I haven’t touched anything. Sometimes it just sits there waiting for a button press and so I will press the Volume +, it says it’s recognised and then goes on to the next step (3 presses of the Volume +). No matter what I do, it keeps telling me no buttons are pressed.

So I’m now stuck with the Beam + TV set up but no way to control the volume remotely save for touching the Beam itself or using the Sonos app.

Could someone please help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hello there, Wysi Wyg. Thanks for taking the time to post. It sounds like it might be a good idea to give our support technicians a call if you are having trouble getting your remote control to be recognized by the Beam. On another note are you able the set up a different remote? This would tell us if the problem is the IR reader on the Beam or something between the specific remote and the Beam.
I have the same problem and have tried with several remotes. Many other threads show users with the same problem as well.
So did you follow the request in the post previous to yours, and call the Sonos technicians for assistance?