Question

Beam audio cuts out periodically - Vizio V655-G9 TV

• 11 September 2020
  • 5 replies

We’ve had the Beam / Vizio combination for several months without issue.  Two weeks ago we began noticing audio cut-out every few minutes for a few seconds.

Issue does not appear when we use music streaming services through the Beam, only the TV.

TV Audio works fine through the TV built-in speakers.

The Beam is connected to the TV via HDMI ARC.  I replaced the HDMI cable twice - no change.

TV Audio settings:

{Internal} Speakers:  OFF  

Volume Leveling:  OFF

Digital Audio Out:  PCM

Analog Audio Out:  FIXED

TV System settings:

Confirmed latest firmware

CEC:  ENABLED  

Have done the usual turn on / turn off and unplug / plug in thing multiple times.

No joy.  It seems that others here have suffered from the same issue.

Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dscheil, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for letting us know about your issue and I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. So that we can investigate the status of your Sonos system. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.  

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Simon, thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I just submitted diagnostics - confirmation number is 533414843.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dscheil, thanks for the update and on submitting the diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the information, It shows that the Arc status is offline and since you’ve changed the cables and did all necessary troubleshooting steps, but the issue still persists. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They’ll check why this is happening and might ask a video clip that the sound is cutting in and out. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

HEADS UP to anyone with this problem …

I isolated the issue to an Amazon FireTV stick (I had a 4K one).  Running YouTubeTV on the Fire Stick - audio dropouts.  Use the YouTube TV app within Vizio - solid audio.  Solution … ditch the FireTV stick.

I liked using the Amazon stick because all of our other TVs have a stick also.  So it was easier to train everyone once on one common interface.  BUT … that’s not to be,

Thanks to @Simon B for his help and also to the Sonos phone support team who walked me through some troubleshooting steps that got me thinking about the Fire TV stick ...

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dscheil, thanks for the update and for sharing this information and experience. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

The Sonos community is always here to help.