Answered

Beam and Samsung

• 26 December 2018
  • 6 replies

I cannot seem to get my tv to push sound out of my beam! This is frustiating me so bad. I have all the cables set up... in the arc, it’s added and I have the app. The TV sound is off one I plug it in but it’s not producing sound out of the beam! Help.
icon

Best answer by scrappychappy 26 December 2018, 17:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What audio output is the TV set as. Do you have it set as ARC output (may require TV speakers off) and sending in Dolby Digital format.

What is TV model?
I have run the anynet (hdmi-CRC) search, it finds the device (beam) completes the search then shows, no devices. I can see the volume being controlled by my Sonos app, the tv says Sonos on the volumes, but still not sound
Under speaker setting, it is set to “receiver”
Model un65h6300Af
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The manual doesn't say much other than the audio settings having to be set to "Receiver" as you have it.

Does the volume control on the TV show RECEIVER instead of regular volume graphic.

In the Sonos app does the Beam show playing TV and the volume up.

What is the source of your video - and is it set to output Dolby Digital (not Dolby Digital Plus or other).
Total user error! I just needed to hit the “tv” function on the controlller. It was set to music! I am an idiot!