Beam and Move losing connection.

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello, everybody I am new to the sonos community and so far impressed with the options and sound quality associated with sonos products. So far I own and brand new sonos beam and sonos move. The beam is connected to my tv via HDMI ARC, and beam is connected to my home wireless internet. The Sonos move is connected to the beam though my home wireless internet. The beam and move are grouped together so i can travel freely around my house with the move speaker and still hear the tv. Everything works as it should as far a sound  and connectivity. 

Here is my question. I turn off the tv for the night with my amazon firestick. When I turn it back on in the morning the sonos move is no longer set to play tv and acts as though it wants to play music all by itself. All I have to do it select tv for the move and they are back operating together. Do they disconnect if turned off for a while? I imagine they use the same tech and the other speakers used for surround sound and never heard anyone say they had to reselect tv for surround sound speakers every time they turned there tv on. Could it be the firestick remote is turning of the beam along with the tv therefore terminating the connection between the beam? I guess i expected once they were grouped together they would operate together all the time like every other wired home audio system. Its not a huge inconvenience i guess I'm just seeing if anyone has any ideas or am I doing something wrong.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi 

There are two default options under the Sonos App/Settings/System/[your Beam] TV Autoplay and Ungroup on Autoplay.  If you disable Ungroup on Autoplay, your Move will remain grouped with your Beam. 

thanks for the quick response, hopefully this works