Question

Balancing Arc sound

• 14 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

When watching movies I find the sound a lot louder from the right than the left. This is the same on Netflix/Plex/Disney+ with DD5.1+ or Atmos sources.

The right side is about 3ft to the wall whereas the left is 6ft. Although with the Beam I noticed no difference.

I assumed Trueplay would fix this but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

I can’t find any balance options in the app - Do I have any other options?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

When watching movies I find the sound a lot louder from the right than the left. This is the same on Netflix/Plex/Disney+ with DD5.1+ or Atmos sources.

The right side is about 3ft to the wall whereas the left is 6ft. Although with the Beam I noticed no difference.

I assumed Trueplay would fix this but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

I can’t find any balance options in the app - Do I have any other options?

Perhaps give TruePlay another go and change the initial TruePlay listening position in the room to find the best ‘balance’ to suit your actual listening position.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I also found arc’s tuning to be different but not for the arc itself but the rears. All I did was replace my Playbar with the arc and install the S2 app and run tuning and then I noticed the rear channels from the Play one speakers are way louder than before and I spent quite a bit of time playing with the surround level slider to try and balance it. Rear channel audio is supposed to be more mild and not in your face but after tuning on s2 with the arc the rear channel audio level was bumped way up and it was so loud I couldn't differentiate sound from front and back