Audio stops playing

• 26 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 80 replies

We have had the Arc since it was launched, and I have not had any issues with it since we set it up.  Recently, the audio will stop while the video will continue playing.  It is not cutting in and out, just simply stops.  It is very random, and it doing so with different apps. Last night, it was in the middle of Shang-Chi in the Disey+ app.  It has also happened in Netflix and Hulu.  I believe this is since the latest update, which is in a similar timeframe as the latest LG firmware update. The fix has been to exit the app and restart the movie or show.

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

3 replies

No not seeing the issue with the Sonos Arc and the LG C9 TV firmware version 05.10.25, which is the latest for that particular TV model - Maybe it’s a connected device to your TV that is stealing away the HDMI-CEC focus? - Perhaps see what happens when you either disconnect the other TV HDMI connected products, or switch off CEC on those ‘other’ devices, just to see if the audio dropouts stop.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you Ken for your reply.  I should have included that we use ATV 4K for all of our viewing.  I have checked to make sure the HDMI connections are good on both ends of both cables.

Thank you Ken for your reply.  I should have included that we use ATV 4K for all of our viewing.  I have checked to make sure the HDMI connections are good on both ends of both cables.

Try it with CEC switched off on the Apple TV. See this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LGOLED/comments/r8ucsy/hdmicec_issue_with_apple_tv_4k_and_c1/