Answered

Audio Drop during scene chahges

• 1 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a SONOS Arc connected to my LG monitor. The sound bar stops working each time a scene changes during a movie, and a commercial is broadcast when watching broadcast television. The dropout lasts about 30 seconds, then begins to work again. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 2 May 2023, 16:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Rasmithnm, welcome to the Sonos Community!

It sounds like the TV is dropping connection to the source if the sound automatically comes back. This can happen when the there’s a change in the audio format the TV isn’t able to process or send to the Soundbar, which does explain the dropouts during commercials but not during movie scene changes.

Most computer monitors don’t have or support HDMI-ARC, are you using an LG computer monitor or an LG TV? Do you experience this issue with certain sources, such as only on Netflix or Apple TV, or does it happen all the time?

I’d recommend trying a different HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue. You could also try to change the audio format for the LG from PCM to Dolby Digital, or vice versa.

It would be worth submitting a diagnostics when the issue occurs again and reaching out to our support team for live troubleshooting, as they have the tools available to help you resolve this.

I hope this helps!

Thank you