Atmos to Arc from multiple HDMI sources

• 11 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I have 3 sources (Nvidia Shield, PC & Golf sim PC).  Arc+sub+era+era as the audio target. Benq LK936ST projector as the video target.  I had been successfully using a OREI HDA-935 audio extractor but the 2nd one just died after 3 months of use. Can anyone point me in the direction of a more robust/reliable option that will maintain full audio fidelity?  Thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The HDFury Arcana is the most widely used and reliable, but it needs to be used in conjunction with an HDMI switch since you have three sources. The ROOFULL switch from Amazon works well with the Arcana:

https://www.amazon.com/ROOFULL-Premium-Switch-Support-Auto-Switch/dp/B083NWKPXW/

I have been using my Arcana and ROOFULL switch for over three years with my Arc setup and they both still work great.

It’s very much overkill, but you can get a HDFury Vrroom, which combines the functionality of Arcana and HDMI swtich with a host of other features you likely don’t need.

Thank you both.  2 questions.  I see my projector supports HDBaseT, is that something I should be considering?  Also, on the Arcana I see there is now an Arcana 2, would my setup benefit in any way from that upgrade?