Question

Arc with Connect:Amp for surrounds?  

• 7 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Playbar with Connect:Amp tethered with Cat6 for 3rd party surrounds.  Will this setup still work if I upgrade the soundbar to the Arc?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Snoopy 01.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I will be able to help you out with your inquiry about setting up a full Sonos surround system using the Sonos Arc and Sonos Connect Amp.

Yes, using the Sonos Arc and the Sonos Connect Amp would get you a full 5.0.2 surround setup with Atmos (considering that your Sonos Connect Amp is S2 compatible). What we need to do is be able to understand the guidelines on how to set up your Sonos Connect Amp as surrounds and be able to successfully have the Sonos Arc be installed and running on the S2 app since the Sonos Arc is S2 only compatible Sonos device. Once the Sonos Arc has been successfully installed and added to the Sonos App, we can add the Connect Amp as surrounds

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks, I have already migrated my current system to the S2 App.  I also have Sonos sub, but that shouldn’t affect your answer.  I appreciate your quick response.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Snoopy 01.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response.

Yes, you’re correct. The Sonos Sub has no effect. With or without the Sonos Sub, the answer would still be the same. If you have already migrated to the S2 Sonos App, that means that the Sonos Connect Amp is a Connect Amp Gen 2 manufactured on or after 2015 which is S2 compatible. As long as we follow the guide on how to set up your Sonos Connect Amp as surrounds, there should not be any problems.

Please let us know how it goes. Good Luck and please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,