Answered

Arc under ceiling

• 15 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

Due to heat from fireplace I am forced to place Arc 10cm from the ceiling. I can tilt the arc forward. 

Will it be ok? 

Br 

Rasmus 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 September 2023, 13:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It will be ok but it is not ideal. You will especially miss out on any height channel effects from the Arc’s two upward-firing drivers. Ideally the Arc should be placed closer to ear height.

Surely the heat from the fire may also affect your TV? Perhaps consider just using the fire for its visual effect only and find other ways to heat the room and then put the Sonos Arc below the TV, or use some kind of shelving in between to try to deflect the heat away from the A/V devices.

Surely the heat from the fire may also affect your TV? Perhaps consider just using the fire for its visual effect only and find other ways to heat the room and then put the Sonos Arc below the TV, or use some kind of shelving in between to try to deflect the heat away from the A/V devices.

Hi Ken,

I just pull out the tv 20 cm from the wall. And no problem👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Mov the Arc to a mount connected to the back of the TV so it moves with the TV.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sanus-tv-mount-arc

Do check your temperature limits on that TV, many are not supposed to get very warm even when not in use.