ARC support for additional Atmos speakers

• 4 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Please add support for additional surrounds and Atmos speakers in the ARC ecosystem. While bouncing Atmos off the ceiling is a decent method. Having ceiling mounted Atmos channels would be fantastic. 

mike

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

How would you power the ceiling mounted speakers? With the Amp?

Yes, that would work. Or create a WiFi ceiling speaker. Or build a ceiling mount kit for the SL 1s. 

Userlevel 7

I think the most likely option would be a Sonos One with an upward firing speaker, so with the Sonos Arc you could have a 5.2.4 setup.

That would be better than what we have today for sure. Although a ceiling speaker would be better. :)

If you can put in ceiling speakers for atmos, why you woud use Sonos rather than a traditional wired audio setup?  Even if you wanted to connect your room to Sonos whole home system, you could do that with a Port.

Because I love my ARC and want to expand it to provide better Atmos sound which is a little weak IMO; and I don’t want to have to run wires all over.  I am not aware of any other WiFi Atmos systems so making Sonos better is the solution.