Question

Arc supplied HDMI cable.

• 3 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

Just curious what the HDMI cable Sonos supply with the ARC is capable of, is it HDMI 2.1 spec up to 48gbps or 18gbps.

The reason I ask is in the future I may swap out a few of my HDMI cables so they are all up to 48gbps, once certified cables exist of course.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ledzep1, thanks for reaching out.Upon checking your question on the HDMI cable included in the Sonos Arc. 

Any cable with HEAC support can handle eARC. Both the HDMI cable which comes with Beam and Arc have HEAC support.

Technically four kinds of cable :

• Regular HDMI
  • High-Speed HDMI
  • High-Speed HDMI with ethernet
  • Ultra-High-Speed

Cables aren't rated by HDMI version

As such technically the cable that comes with our products is a High Speed with ethernet, whereby the ethernet pins are used for eArc. One could refer to this as 1.4+

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ledzep1, thanks for reaching out.Upon checking your question on the HDMI cable included in the Sonos Arc. 

Any cable with HEAC support can handle eARC. Both the HDMI cable which comes with Beam and Arc have HEAC support.

Technically four kinds of cable :

• Regular HDMI
  • High-Speed HDMI
  • High-Speed HDMI with ethernet
  • Ultra-High-Speed

Cables aren't rated by HDMI version

As such technically the cable that comes with our products is a High Speed with ethernet, whereby the ethernet pins are used for eArc. One could refer to this as 1.4+

Thanks so sounds like its up to 18gbps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ledzep1, thanks for the update. I tried to check for the exact HDMI cable supply for the one included on the Sonos Arc, and this is the only one I got from our end.

Hi guys,

I won't pretend to that I know a lot about HDMI cables, we had our Arc wall mounted today and the Arc HDMI cable supplied wasn't long enough to feed behind the wall and back to the tv so they replaced it with a 3M V2.0 4k 2160p Green HDMI cable. That is all the info I have on the cable.

Is this cable suitable for the Arc to make the most of dolby atmos? I have a Sony OLED that supports eARC, I am just hoping I'm not limited in any way without the stock hdmi that comes with the Arc.

Thanks