Arc SL released

• 3 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Sonos have just produced an Arc SL for Costco. Adds to my view that the Five should have been named the Five SL...and I'm still waiting vainly for the development of a Five with assistant capabilities.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/2/22011112/sonos-arc-sl-no-microphone-now-available-costco?fbclid=IwAR0xMr9EjyPewCzQhETbEy7_WN-Aij1Mq_Leac8vtzGuLkt8ajRSdElO7qo

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes, Five SL would seem logical for the current speaker.  I have found that I prefer to use an Echo Dot with a non-voice activated Sonos speaker.  There are pros and cons, of course, and I know not everyone will share that view.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Ye, Five SL would seem logical for the current speaker.  I have found that I prefer to use an Echo Dot with a non-voice activated Sonos speaker.  There are pros and cons, of course, and I know not everyone will share that view.

Yes, personal choice entirely. I use a Google Home Mini, and despite turning on the setting to lower the volume of the default speaker when talking to the assistant, it never does. This would never be the case with a built-in assistant.