Arc Setup Awesome

• 28 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Replaced Playbar with Sonos Arc Connecting:

ATV4K + Xbox + ATT Osprey + Nintendo Switch To Roofull HDMI Switch To HDFury Arcana To HDMI port on Samsung One Connect box To 2016 Samsung JU7100  

and the Arcana e-arc output to the Sonos Arc + 2 Play1 surrounds + Sonos Sub  

Controlling with Logitech Harmony companion remote, switches everything on / off perfectly so far. 

Well worth it  the sound is amazing and definitely noticeable better than Playbar.  The Atmos content is immersive  

If you have an older TV and external devices that support Atmos this setup works well.  A few more cables than before, but no need to mess with any Arc from the TV  as all the devices are external.

Ps: The Arcana has a loose USB-C connector, HDfury  responsive and they are working on an RMA. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Glad you got everything working with the Arcana. I have a similar setup with the Arcana, ROOFULL switch, and Harmony remote and it works great.

Replaced Playbar with Sonos Arc Connecting:

ATV4K + Xbox + ATT Osprey + Nintendo Switch To Roofull HDMI Switch To HDFury Arcana To HDMI port on Samsung One Connect box To 2016 Samsung JU7100  

and the Arcana e-arc output to the Sonos Arc + 2 Play1 surrounds + Sonos Sub  

Controlling with Logitech Harmony companion remote, switches everything on / off perfectly so far. 

Well worth it  the sound is amazing and definitely noticeable better than Playbar.  The Atmos content is immersive  

If you have an older TV and external devices that support Atmos this setup works well.  A few more cables than before, but no need to mess with any Arc from the TV  as all the devices are external.

Ps: The Arcana has a loose USB-C connector, HDfury  responsive and they are working on an RMA. 

May I ask: Do the Arcana allow surround on the Nintendo Switch - that only supports PCM?

Userlevel 7

@Trentors Yes, the Arcana supports multichannel PCM audio.

Note: The Arc currently only supports 5.1 PCM audio, not 7.1 PCM. 7.1 audio on the Arc cannot currently be down mixed properly to 5.1, but Sonos is currently working on correcting this.

@GuitarSuperstar 

Thank you 😀 I was expecting this since 5.1 support should now be working with Arc. But before using money on the Arcana it was nice with a confirmation - it is not the cheapest of devices 😉

This is also an issue with people using Google Stadia. The Chromecast Ultra will only use PCM for surround. A bit cheap of Google since it is one of the reasons to get the Pro subscription - I am sure it could cover the license fee for Dolby Digital 😉