Skip to main content

Arc product update in 2024?

• 18 March 2024
  • 6 replies

I’m buying a surround sound system. I would wait for a couple of months for the Arc product update, but only so long. 

does anyone know when the new Arc will be available for sale?

thank you, 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Only Sonos knows. And they are not telling us.

There are rumors of an Arc 2, but nothing very solid with any release date that could be called even remotely dependable.  Sonos usually does product releases in the Spring or Fall, and there definitely won’t be an Arc 2 this Spring.  

Well hopefully fall this year there is an announcement as next month will be 4 years since the launch of the Arc. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Mine works great….but I want a new version. But there's no real need for one unless somehow one hdmi input is never enough.

Came here to see this after seeing an Arc discounted to 677£ on Amazon U.K. it immediately made me suspicious that old stock is being sold fast because of news we don’t have. 🤔

The most reliable predictor of a release date is the US FCC device approvals. The FCC, and global equivalents, certify that electronic devices do not emit dangerous RF radiation. In the case of FCC certification, SONOS typically releases a device for sale 30-45 days after FCC approval. DUKE is an anomaly because it was approved in early march. You can search the FCC site for manufacturer products. This is not always easy because the product will usually be submitted under a code name.